Last Updated: January 2023
Community Bank - Mobile (the "App") - by Apiture, making it easy to manage your finances on the go. The App allows you to:
- get real-time balances for your accounts
- manage your money
- view your transactions and statements
- make transfers
- pay your bills and manage billers
- deposit a check
- receive alerts
THE TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT IN THE APP
Through your use of the Services, we may collect personal information from you in the following ways:
(a) Personal Information You Provide to Us.
- We may collect your personal information, such as your first and last name, address, e-mail, telephone number, and social security number, when you create an account.
- We will collect the financial and transaction information necessary to provide you with the Services, including account numbers, verification numbers, and transaction and payment history.
- If you provide feedback or contact us via email, we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content included in the email, to send you a reply.
- We also collect other types of personal information that you provide voluntarily, such as any information requested by us if you contact us via email regarding support for the Services.
(b) Personal Information Collected from Third Parties. We may collect certain information from identity verification services and consumer reporting agencies, including credit bureaus, to provide some of our Services.
(c) Personal Information Collected Via Technology. Our service providers and we may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with our Services, our communications, and other online services, such as:
- Device data, such as your computer or mobile device's operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers, language settings, mobile device carrier, radio/network information (e.g., Wi-Fi, LTE, 3G, 4G, 5G), and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, the website you visited before browsing the Service, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access.
- Cookies are text files that websites store on a visitor's device to identify the visitor's browser uniquely or to store information or settings in the browser to help you navigate between pages efficiently, remember your preferences, enable functionality, and help us understand user activity and patterns.
- Local storage technologies, like HTML5 and Flash, provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store more significant amounts of data, including on your device outside your browser in connection with specific applications.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
- Location Information. If you have enabled location services on your phone and agree to the collection of your location when prompted by the Services, we will collect location data when you use the Services, even when the app is closed or not in use; for example, to provide our fraud detection services. If you do not want us to collect this information, you may decline the collection of your location when prompted or adjust the location services settings on your device.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION COLLECTED IN THE APP
(a) General Use. In general, we use your personal information collected through your use of the Services to respond to your requests as submitted through the Services, to provide you the Services you request, and to help serve you better. We use your personal information, in connection with the App, in the following ways:
- facilitate the creation of, and secure and maintain your account
- identify you as a legitimate user in our system
- provide improved administration of the Services
- provide the Services you request
- improve the quality of experience when you interact with the Services
- send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories, and mail surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to the Services.
(b) Compliance and protection. We may use your personal information to:
- comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal processes, such as responding to subpoenas or requests from government authorities
- protect our, your or others' rights, privacy, safety, or property (including by making and defending legal claims)
- audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies
- enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; and
- prevent, identify, investigate/deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical, or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
(c) Creation of Non-Identifiable Data. The App may create de-identified information records from personal information by excluding certain information (such as your name) that makes the information personally identifiable to you. We may use this information in a form that does not personally identify you to analyze request patterns and usage patterns to enhance our products and services. We reserve the right to use and disclose non-identifiable information to third parties at our discretion.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We disclose your personal information collected through your use of the Services as described below.
(c) Authorities and Others. Regardless of your choices regarding your personal information, The App may disclose your personal information to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties for the compliance and protection services described above.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
You have several choices regarding the use of information on the Services.
(a) How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals. Some web browsers transmit "do not track" signals to the websites and other online services your web browser communicates with. There is currently no standard that governs what, if anything, websites should do when they receive these signals. We now do not act in response to these signals. If a standard is established, we may revise its policy on responding to these signals.
(b) Access, Update or Correct Your Information. You can access, update, or correct your information by changing preferences in your account. For additional requests, please contact us.
(c) Opting Out of Email or SMS Communications. If you have signed up to receive our email marketing communications, you can unsubscribe anytime by clicking the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the email or other electronic communication. Alternatively, you can opt out of receiving marketing communications by contacting us at the contact information under "Contact Us" below. You may opt out of SMS communications by unlinking your mobile phone number through the Services. If you provide your phone number through the Services, we may send you notifications by SMS, such as giving a fraud alert.
(d) Opting Out of Location Tracking. If you initially consented to collect geo-location information through the Services, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. Please note, however, that if you withdraw consent to our collection of location information, you may no longer be able to use some features of the App.
SAFEGUARDS AND RETENTION
We implement reasonable administrative, technical, and physical measures to safeguard the information in our custody and control against theft, loss, unauthorized access, use, modification, and disclosure. Nevertheless, transmission via the internet is not entirely secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
A NOTE ABOUT CHILDREN
The Services are not directed towards individuals under the age of 18, and we do not, through the App, intentionally gather personal information about visitors who are under the age of 18. Suppose a child under 18 submits personal information to us through the App, and we learn that the personal information is the information of a child under 18. In that case, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible.
101 Community Blvd.
Longview, TX 75605